CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 9, 2007

No Fail Pie Crust

This is a quick and easy pie crust that tastes great. I have never had this pie crust fail - even when I was sure it would because it didn't look right.

Makes 1 double crust

2 c flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 c shortning or butter
1/2 c milk

Mix flour and salt in large bowl with lid. Cut in shortning or butter. Cover with lid and shake vigorously until little balls of flour form. Make a "well" in the center of the flour and pour in milk. Replace lid and swirl to mix in milk. Shake again until single ball forms. I roll out the crust between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. This crust freezes well after rolling out and folding in quarters.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I actually modified my recipe to include 2 1/2 cups flower for the Utah altitude. Mine came out way too runny with just 2 cups flour so I added the extra half cup and it makes all the difference. You'll be tempted to add even more than that, but just take your rings off and get in there and work the dough with your hands and it eventually firms up into more of a dough consistency. If you add any more dough than that, you'll be sorry and your dough/crust will be really tough.

Theresa said...

yes I meant to say flour not flower... caught it lower in my post, but forgot to go back and change the original typo. haha.

Theresa said...

also, ... I meant to say if you add any more flour than that,.. you'll be sorry. not any more dough,.. that just doesn't make sense. Ok. I'm going to stop talking now.