CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian)

Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian)

1 can kidney beans *
2 - 3 cups worth of mashed potatoes
1 can campbell's tomato soup (you can do 2 cans if you prefer)
1 can of green beans
1 - 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix kidney beans, green beans, and tomato soup in a 9 x 13 *pan. Spread mashed potatoes over the top of that. Cover mashed potatoes with shredded cheese. Bake for 20 - 30 mins until cheese is melted and contents are hot and probably bubbling up the sides.

* to make this non-vegetarian, substitute 3/4 to 1 lb of cooked ground beef instead of kidney beans. I invented this vegetarian version one time when I was starving and all out of meat. It turned out pretty good.

* I can't remember if this amount will make a 9x9 or a 9x13 but I'm fairly certain I've made it in a 9x13 before.

0 comments: