CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Mail-Recipe Chicken Enchiladas


Chicken Enchiladas
(Recipe from the Mail)
10 - 12 flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 16 oz can of enchilada sauce
1 - 1/2 cups Pace Picante Salsa
chopped cilantro (optional as a garnish)
*(try "el pato" sauce for enchilada sauce instead if you like it HOT)

Filling:
1 8 oz package cream cheese
2 - 3 cups chicken cooked and cut as desired
1 - 2 cups of Pace Picante Medium Salsa or whatever you like
chopped olives (optional unless you love olives like I do)


1. preheat the oven to about 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan if desired and set aside.

2. Make filling by combining ingredients in a medium to small sauce pan until melted and you have a good *filling consistency.

3. Take a flour tortilla, put 2-3 large tablespoonfuls of filling along one side of the tortilla. You can adjust filling amounts per roll as needed to make the desired amount of enchiladas. (I've found that nobody notices the difference if I have to stretch it kind of thin towards the end) Place the roll seam side down in the pan.

4. Fill the pan with rolls and coat the tops of each roll in the pan with enchilada sauce. I usually pour it in a straight line down each roll long ways and let the excess drip between the rolls.

5. To make it look pretty, cover the top of everything with the chopped cheddar cheese. Pour 1 1/2 - 2 cups of salsa on top of the cheese in a line across the rolls. Sprinkle the chopped cilantro among the salsa if desired (Might want to put it on after it's baked if you don't want it to be cooked).

6. Bake for about a 20 - 30 minutes or until all the cheese is sufficiently melted to your taste.

*All measurements are approximate so if you think there's too much of something put less. This should make around 1 - 2 9x13 inch pans of enchiladas.

* The filling should be kind of (cream based) soupy when hot but not too thin. Thickens more when cooled.

*No this isn't a picture of the actual recipe I'm describing. If a picture of the actual recipe is needed to help explain my directions please let me know and I will make an effort to take a picture of it next time I make it. Also, if you find any of the amounts to be incorrect, they were approximations based on memory. Please let me know and I'll update the recipe on here.

I finally took one. Here's an actual picture of what this dish looks like. KK and I made it tonight.


2 comments:

Kerstin said...

I remember that you made this when I came to visit that one time. I really liked it.

Theresa said...

I know! it's really good.