CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Zucchini Relish

With canning season coming soon I thought I would post a few of the canning recipes I learned this year. There is this amazing woman in our ward who is my food storage idol (seriously, I think you could feed a family of ten really well for about three years with just what she has right now)! This is her recipe for zucchini relish. When my dad came to visit us not too long ago, he couldn't get enough of this stuff. It's REALLY delicious!!

10 C. ground zucchini (ground, grated, whatever)
4 C. sliced onion
1 red & 1 green pepper
Mix these together and let them stand overnight with 1 tbsp. salt

Next day, rinse well and drain for 2 hours. Put the veggies in a large kettle combined with:
2 1/2 C. white vinegar
5 C. sugar
1 tbsp. corn starch
1 tsp. tumeric
1 tsp. black pepper

Bring to a boil and simmer for about 45 minutes. Pour boiling mixture into sterile jars, seal.
It's really delish! A great food storage item!

0 comments: