CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cherry Pickles

This is another recipe from the amazing woman in my ward. These cherry pickles are Justin's absolute FAVORITE things ever!!! He kept begging me to learn how to make them and when I told him that I had finally learned how I think he was happier than he was on our wedding day and the day each of our children were born combined!

Use ripe cucumbers, peel, cut lengthwise, and scoop out seeds.

Cut about 20 cucumbers into cubes. Cover with water and 1/2 C. salt. Bring to a boil and cook until transparent, but firm. Drain off the water and make a syrup of:
3 1/2 lb sugar (there are 2 cups in a pound so you would need 7 cups)
1 pint white vinegar (or 2 cups)
1 tsp. ground cloves
2 sticks cinnamon

Boil and pour over the hot cucumbers; let stand overnight.

Next day bring to a boil, add two small jars of drained cherries. Bring back to boil and place in hot, sterile jars to seal.

0 comments: