CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Southern Wannabe

I call it ...
Southern Wannabe
  1. 1 1/2 - 2 cups bow tie pasta
  2. 1 can whole kernel corn ( i added the liquid too)
  3. 1 can cut green beans (I added the liquid too)
  4. 1 can kidney beans drained
  5. 1 can diced tomatoes (I added the liquid too)
  6. 2-3 cups cut (cooked) chicken
  7. 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
  8. 2 cups water
  9. 2 Tbsp cajun seasoning (I might have used more cajun seasoning than this but i also might have used too much)
  10. 2 tsp cumin (I might have used more cumin than this)
  11. 1 tsp salt & pepper
  12. I did about 2-3 Tbsp Sugar but my recipe turned out pretty sweet. (probably too sweet) The sugar is to help prevent heartburn.
  13. 1/4 tsp dried mustard (i used too much dried mustard,.... i don't know how much though)
  14. 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  15. 1/2 8 oz package cream cheese

  • in a skillet with lid, combine pasta, corn, green beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, chicken, garlic, water, cajun, cumin, salt & pepper, sugar, mustard, nutmeg.
  • Cover and Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 - 15 minutes until pasta has soaked up most of the liquid and is desired noodle texture. fall-apart-soft, rubbery, crunchy, whatever.
  • add cream cheese and stir until cream cheese is melted and contents have heated back up.
  • serve. Goes nicely with french bread.
comes out pretty spicy and/but smells really really good.
Yeah,.. I made this up and I don't remember the exact amounts so try at your own risk.

0 comments: