CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 11, 2011

Creamy Chicken Toquitoes

I made these the other day. I got the recipe off a website called 'The Girl Who Ate Everything'. They're delish and pretty fast to make. I'm going to make this again...soon! It was that good! Next time though, I'm going to double the recipe so there'll be leftovers.

1/3 cup (3oz) cream cheese
1/4 cup green salsa
1 T fresh lime juice
1/2 t cumin
1 t chili powder
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t garlic powder
3 T chopped cilantro
2 T sliced green onions
2 cups shredded chicked (I boiled mine and shredded it like I do for chicken noodle soup)
1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese (I used some mexican cheese blend I got on sale at the grocery store instead and it was still yummy)
small flour tortillas
salt
cooking spray

Heat oven to 475. Line a cooking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.

Heat cream cheese in the microwave so it's soft and easy to stir. Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Then add the cilantro, green onions, chicken, and cheese. Combine well.

Place 2-3 T of the mixture on the bottom third of the tortilla (don't put it too close to the edges). Roll it up as tight as you can.

Place seam side down on the baking sheet. Once all the toquitoes are layed out on the sheet (not touching) spray the tops lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they're crisp and the ends start to get brown.

Using the big tortillas, this made 8. Next time I'm going to use the small tortillas. I think that'll double it, so I'd buy at least 16 small tortillas. Make sure you have stuff to dip these in. Salsa, sour cream, beans, etc.

Yum!

0 comments: