CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pasta Bake

This is, without a doubt, the easiest thing I make. Justin kind of made this meal up a couple of years ago (I was way impressed). It's perfect for those days when it's getting close to dinner time and you haven't thought about what you are going to make (I can throw it together in less than 5 minutes - literally)! And, as a special bonus, my whole family likes it!! Even super picky Clayton!

Ingredients:
-1 jar of pasta sauce (whatever kind you like - I usually experiment with different flavors)
-1 bag of pasta noodles (bow tie works well, although lately I've been using tortellini and ravioli, but you need to buy a little more if you go with the stuffed pastas)
-2 cups cheese (I use cheddar, but you could also use mozzerella)

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 375
-In a 9x13 pan (I usually spray a little pam in it), dump the pasta.
-Pour in the whole jar of pasta sauce, then fill the empty sauce jar with water and add that also
-Stir the stuff right in the pan to mix it (I love that this meal only uses one dish)!
-Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
-After 45 min. take the aluminum foil off and top with cheese. Put back in the oven uncovered for about 7 min (until cheese is melted)
-Wait for it to cool a little and then serve!

This meal usually makes enough for leftovers! This is one of my very favorites! Serve with a little garlic bread and a salad and no one will guess that you threw it together in only seconds!

2 comments:

Kerstin said...

oh I make this all the time ever since you made it this summer. I have also found that using frozen ravioli with zucchini instead of the regular pasta is also very tasty.

Kerstin said...

haha Sorry I didn't even read that you had wrote that you also use ravioli. It makes it super yummy.