CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Homemade Pedialite

If I haven't raved about my pediatrician before, let me do so now...he is AWESOME!! Noah has been throwing up today and because of the storm I can't really get anywhere to buy special drinks for him, so he gave me this receipe for some homemade pedialite. It is stuff I usually have on hand anyway and it is really easy to make. I will never buy special "sick" drinks again!

1 quart of water
1 oz. orange juice
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda

Mix them all together and give it in small sips to your sick child.
If your child doesn't like the taste, Dr. Parker said that you could add either a little more o.j. or sugar to sweeten the taste. Isn't he amazing!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

wow,... maybe i'll have to try that on myself,.. does it work wonders? hehe.

Kerstin said...

wow that is awesome, thanks for the tip...does it have to be oj or cna it be another type of juice?

Unknown said...

he told me o.j. so that is what I would use, but maybe you could use apple or something. I will have to ask him next time I talk to him